Vevo is the world’s leading all-premium music video and entertainment platform with over 21 billion monthly views globally. Vevo delivers a personalized and expertly curated experience for audiences to explore and discover music videos, exclusive original programming and live performances from the artists they love on mobile, web and connected TV.
About the role
As a Principal Software Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for helping to architect and design highly scalable platforms that will deliver data that defines the user experience including, but not limited to, video, images and meta data. You will also work creatively with our Content team and our BI/Analytics team to enhance the user experience for our customers across all platforms where music video could be consumed. You will help improve our Artist presence within these platforms while leading the team along the road of best practices and principles.
Are you up to the challenge? If you believe Bono that “music can change the world because it can change people”, then you recognize the power of music. Bring your ability to balance creativity, focus, determination, and teamwork so that, together, we can bring the power of our music video and entertainment platform to the world.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in San Francisco. We are in a convenient location right next to a Muni & Bart station entrance on Market Street.
- Strong academic background in Computer Science – Masters preferred
- 7-10+ years of industry experience in Java and/or Node.js and RESTful service development.
- Strong architectural skills
- Able to influence and direct as well as mentor and train members of the team
- Proven real world experience creating models that can translate into scalable, production grade code and designs
- Above average experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Hands on production level development in a Serverless Architecture
This describes you
- Experience building large scale, fault tolerant systems
- Comfortable in an agile (Scrum) environment
- Previous experience working with metadata for Video or Music is a nice to have
- Working knowledge of Video and Metadata
- Mentally think in JSON
- Professional experience in one or more of Elastic Search, SQL, Kinesis, SNS is a plus
You might like to know
- We are a fun, energetic tight knit team with a real passion for music and technology
- In office/external happy hours
- Remain up to date with new technology including hosting/attending meetups
- Excellent benefits package
- Competitive compensation packages
- Premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- Concert ticket giveaways
- 401k Match
- Upscale San Francisco office with stunning views of City Hall, Golden Gate Bridge, the Peninsula, and the Bay
- Fully stocked kitchen and bar with catered lunches everyday
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.