The Business Development Rep will cultivate relationships to further accelerate our customer growth. This role will work closely with our strategic partners and select accounts to expand our outreach, generate leads, close sales, and support key accounts. This is an awesome opportunity to work with some of today’s top marketers and emerging brands, and help grow one of the world’s leading email marketing services. Success in this role is measured by the successful curation, and subsequent on-boarding of qualified, net-new customers.
Our team includes smart people who appreciate talented goal seekers, continuous learning, experimentation and a lust for creating and implementing cutting edge solutions. We welcome those who share these passions to apply.
- Develop and conduct presentations aimed at acquiring new partners and customers, including demos, sales calls, webinars, trade shows, conferences and live events. Moderate travel required.
- Drive key initiatives with a variety of organizations (technology and service providers, agencies, industry associations) as well as select customer accounts; serve as the liaison between our internal departments and external partners.
- Monitor and present relevant benchmarks around the impact of our sales and partnership efforts. Create and analyze holistic reports for company stakeholders.
- Manage affiliate marketing partnerships.
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities. Duties include proactively building relationships with our partners and customers, prospect outreach and on-boarding, resolving inquiries for these groups, and researching and evaluating new growth opportunities.
- Maintain an active social-selling presence via sites like Twitter, LinkedIn, Quora, Meetup and other community sites. Contribute to our presence on such sites and relevant blogs, and use them to cultivate relationships.
- Monitor trends related to our industry, partners and customers and report/present on them internally.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Highly Collaborative
- Goal oriented
- Self Starter
- Results oriented
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing or similar degree; or equivalent experience.
- 1 - 2 years in a business development or sales role within a SaaS, B2B, Marketing or Advertising Technology environment required.
- Experience negotiating contracts and partnership agreements.
- Experience prospecting sales leads
- Exceptional communication skills – writing sales/marketing copy, presenting, networking.
- Experience with CRM platforms (Nimble, Sugar, Salesforce) for pipeline and ongoing customer management.
- Established network of connections within the B2B, agency, small business realm.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a cross-functional team environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience establishing and meeting/exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior presentation development and delivery skills
- Strong analytical skills with experience analyzing Sales pipeline and forecasting lead pipelines.
- Strong presentation, communication, negotiation and closing skills
Connect with makers and early adopters exchanging product feedback and ideas.
Please use your personal Twitter account.
Sign in with Twitter
We won't post without asking