Continuously improve Duolingo’s infrastructure through automation and monitoring.
As an operations engineer, you will use and develop cutting-edge tools to enable growth and stability across all Duolingo services and platforms.
- Automate the deployment and management of Duolingo software services
- Monitor for performance and security anomalies
- Participate in weekly on-call rotations
- Streamline operational and development practices
- Analyze current costs and plan for future growth
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5 years of experience managing large services/infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of Linux system administration and automation
- Strong background in computer network security, performance, and capacity planning
- Considerable experience with one or more configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, Chef) or infrastructure management tools (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Familiarity with containerization runtimes (Docker, rkt)
- Experience deploying and maintaining large-scale monitoring and logging systems (Zabbix, Nagios, ELK, Splunk)
- Extensive scripting experience with Python and Bash
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience managing a large infrastructure on AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience implementing continuous integration pipelines in Jenkins
- The ability to configure and troubleshoot enterprise-grade routers, switches, and wireless access points
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Duolingo.
Connect with makers and early adopters exchanging product feedback and ideas.
Please use your personal Twitter account.
Sign in with Twitter
We won't post without asking