Let’s go inspire 100 million people to learn anything they can imagine. Let’s go inspire 100,000 instructors to share their knowledge with the world. Let’s go help 10,000 businesses to change the way their employees learn.
Learn. Empathize. Take Ownership. ‘nnovate. Show Passion.
Get Stuff Done. Open Up.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 15 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by mastering new skills on Udemy. Through our global marketplace, we connect lifelong learners around the world to the largest selection of online courses created by expert instructors, and we’re just getting started.
We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Dublin, Ireland, and Ankara, Turkey.
- Research, design and implement scalable machine learning algorithms to personalize user experience at udemy
- Deliver high-quality recommendations with working large amounts of data
- Collaborate closely with data scientists & data analysts and have passion to solve algorithmic problems
- Build robust and scalable software systems to support high traffic website
- While having expertise in specific areas, the job may require enhancing code up and down the software stack
- Function as a technical lead for various projects/tasks as needed. This may involve some project planning, resource planning, and deployment planning in additional to his/her current software engineering responsibilities
- Practice agile development methodologies with two week sprints.
- Mentor junior engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes
- Lead by example and contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering initiatives and innovation.
- Continue to research and evaluate new technologies that may improve performance and elegance of our software implementation
Technologies currently in use:
- YARN/Hadoop/Hive/Spark (experience with Hive/Spark a big plus)
- Python, Django (experience with Python/Django a big plus)
- REST architecture
- MySQL, Redis
- Jenkins, Selenium
- Git, Github
- Tableau, chartio
- Experience in data reliability,efficiency and quality
- Solid knowledge of OO Modelling and scalable data design
- Demonstrated knowledge of well known software technologies and services and curiosity to continue to evaluate new technologies to strengthen our platform.
- Embrace good development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing, and code reviews.
- Exhibited passion for mentoring and contributing to the development of others through code reviews and never ending learning attitude
Udemy in the News: