We are looking for a creative and strategic Design Director that can guide advertising agencies and our design team towards innovative design solutions. A Design Director mastering the art of persuasion with a comprehensive knowledge of digital design and the ability to lead by example by designing at an extremely high level.
At Superhero Cheesecake we continuously strive for the highest quality in digital production. Premium work for the web, as we say, is hard work. It requires team effort and a keen eye for detail from concept to development. To make sure our design is consistently at the highest level we are looking for a Design Director that will shoot for the stars on every briefing.
We look for a Design Director that can guide our clients, advertising agencies and our design team towards original designs solutions. This requires persuasive leadership skills, clear communication and a comprehensive knowledge of digital design. Someone that can lead and inspire the visual design team and of course lead by example by designing at an extremely high level.
What will you do?
- Help push the limit of digital production across the board through overarching design strategy.
- Lead and inspire the visual design team and external design freelancers through creative excellence.
- Lead by example by designing at an extremely high level and you can create an executive decision to jump in if a design needs extra love and attention.
- Direct, critique and mentor designers and oversee all design work, pitches and team presentations.
- Define and solve complex design problems in projects through overarching design strategy.
- Work closely together with interaction designers, motion designers and developers to create next level digital productions.
- Be exceptionally decisive when it comes to major creative choices.
- A fundamental understanding of project management, budget and timing.
- Able to lead multiple projects that vary in scale at any given time.
- At least 2 years of experience as design director at a digital firm or loads of experience as a Digital Art Director or Senior Designer, preferably in advertising.
- A keen eye for detail.
- The drive to make digital production better and push projects to a higher level.
- A restless mind with a desire to challenge, surprise and stretch those around you.
- The ability to estimate work for yourself and the team.
- Expert knowledge of various visual design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Feeling for what the boundaries are in digital development and how to stretch these boundaries further.
You might also have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe After Effects.
- Interaction (UX) design experience.
- Prototyping experience (in code or in other prototyping tools).
- Ability to swear in both Dutch & English.
- Daily healthy lunch & a moment to catch-up with your new work friends
- Fruit, snacks and a fully stocked fridge
- 24 days of paid leave plus an average of 6 public holidays
- Work with cutting-edge technologies
- Monthly company events
- Profit sharing & room to grow in your career
- Phenomenal work environment, comfy ergonomic chairs & on-site massages
- Diverse culture, not your average tech environment
- Walking distance to the best that the Amsterdam city center has to off
- More: travel reimbursement, access to conferences, and fun colleagues!
Connect with makers and early adopters exchanging product feedback and ideas.
Please use your personal Twitter account.
Sign in with Twitter
We won't post without asking