WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Our Technology team is a collection of over 100 talented engineers, analysts, designers, and product managers who have built BlueApron.com, our mobile (iOS and Android) apps, our proprietary Warehouse Management System, and ‘Picky’, our demand forecasting system (among many other things).
The Sr. DevOps Manager at Blue Apron will be responsible for the management, evolution, and growth of our DevOps team, our automated cloud infrastructure, and security policies and procedures.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Manage the infrastructure of our public-facing website as well as the internal systems we build for various teams and our facilities.
- Manage a team of talented DevOps engineers, holding regular one-on-one sessions.
- Partner with recruiting to lead hiring for the DevOps team.
- Ensure a scalable process and infrastructure, with a focus on high availability.
- Implement configuration and automation tools to simplify the process of deploying and upgrading software across our infrastructure.
- Our stack and tooling: AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, Nginx, Postgres, Kafka, Redis & Memcache. Applications are primarily written in Ruby/Rails, Python, and Go. AWS,Chef, NGINX, PostgreSQL, Redis, Ruby, Rails
- 2 years experience managing DevOps or Site Reliability engineers.
- 5 years experience managing a high-traffic production web application infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to convey intricate systems and logic to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comprehensive understanding of Amazon Web Services or a comparable cloud infrastructure offering.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Experience implementing, monitoring, and alerting systems to detect and solve problems before they become critical.
- Scripting experience (Bash/Perl/Python a plus).
- Experience working with Rails, Postgres, Kubernetes and Jenkins is a plus.