Powering the world's most popular app for meeting new people requires highly scalable, fault-tolerant, and performant systems. As a Big Data Infrastructure and DevOps engineer, you will build critical big data infrastructure and analytical pipelines at the scale of billions of events per day. You’ll build and maintain tools to deploy, monitor, and operate our systems, while working closely with software engineers to automate and streamline our development and production environments. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate and direct impact on Tinder’s big data initiatives. We would love to talk to you if you are interested in helping Tinder users achieve stronger matches, engage more effectively and create more love, at a truly global scale.
This is a full time position based in our office in Los Angeles, CA.
In this role, you will:
- Support our cloud based data technologies stack: EMR, Yarn, Spark, MySQL, Redshift, DynamoDB, Hive, Kafka, etc., with a focus on reliability, automation and performance.
- Support existing big data pipelines and data stores in production.
- Build new data pipelines and streaming processes that are highly available, scalable and reliable.
- Automate data pipeline’s deployment and configuration management with Python and SaltStack.
- Monitor the health and security of our big data infrastructure on AWS.
- Participate in a small team on call rotation.
We’re looking for:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 2+ years experience of developing and maintaining AWS cloud technologies.
- 2+ years system programming experience with Bash and Python.
- 2+ years working with configuration management tools such as SaltStack or Puppet.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/BSD internals.
- Experience working with Spark, Hadoop/Yarn, Airflow and AWS EMR is preferred.
- Bonus points for experience in streaming platforms - Apache Kafka or AWS Kinesis.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business.
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems.
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people.
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match and meaningful equity.
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours.
- Daily catered lunches, endless supply of refreshments, basketball court, fitness classes and social events.
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location.