We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented and customer-service focused individual to help manage BuzzFeed's advertising operations in London. This position is player/coach and involves both client facing responsibilities and team management. This person will lead the creation of strategic RFPs to solve client goals that are rooted in storytelling and insights - and serve as the primary client contact for campaign execution. They will also oversee the day-to-day operations and growth of the Client Services team.
Team Management Responsibilities
- Monitor the workflow and resourcing of the Client Service Managers - evaluate and reassign tasks as needed.
- Quality control all outgoing RFPs, ensuring that each meets the advertiser’s needs and upholds BuzzFeed product, pricing, and creative integrity.
- Ensure BuzzFeed client satisfaction, closely monitoring renewal rates and upsell opportunities.
- Partner with Sales and Creative leadership to plan UK business: people, products and process.
- Manage scaling, hiring and ongoing career development of the Client Services team.
- Train and onboard Client Services Managers.
- Motivate team and maintain a positive workforce.
- Lead the creation of incoming RFPs by creating media plans / proposals that meet advertiser and category objectives.
- Effectively communicate BuzzFeed products and offerings as they relate to client goals.
- Take an active role in proposal brainstorms, internal and external client meetings.
- Partner with Brand Strategy (sales) in client meetings to sell through BuzzFeed solutions and strategy.
- Establish positive relationships with agency and advertiser partners in local market.
- Ensure feasibility of execution by vetting proper approvals through appropriate internal teams.
- Enter and manage insertion orders within third party and internal sales operations systems.
- Serve as both the client and internal team’s primary point of contact for campaigns during the execution phase.
- Work closely with the BuzzFeed Creative and other cross-functional teams to manage and launch programs.
- Develop a thorough understanding of internal tools and become an expert on BuzzFeed ad products and ad specifications.
- Monitor and optimize program performance and delivery - provide reporting and associated analysis specific to BuzzFeed KPIs and unique client goals.
- Deliver timely, custom mid-program and wrap reports.
- Adapts to different personalities and comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- Brings energy and passion to everything they do, and will not be afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big and small.
- Creative and strategic in nature with the ability to think outside the box and articulate 'big ideas'.
- Possesses strong quantitative and analytical skills as well as creative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working at an agency or publisher, managing a brand’s digital advertising strategy or buying activities.
- Organizational, planning, and execution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort with client interfacing role.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint - Keynote preferred.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.