At Eventbrite, our mission is to empower people through live experiences. Whether through attending your favorite concert or hosting a conference, events can be transformative. They can also be pretty complicated. As a product for anyone in the world, it shouldn’t be. Eventbrite is looking for a Design Director to lead a team of Product Designers, evangelize the value of design and partner with cross-functional leaders to establish best practices throughout the organization.
The Eventbrite Brand team is a centralized, multi-disciplinary group of strategist, designers,researchers and makers, who work across product groups and functions to bring our mission to life inside and outside of the product. Our designers are specialists within our individual products, as well as our areas of expertise. Partnering with Product Managers, Engineers and other functions, we conceptualize and craft designs for experiences that will define the success of our business and our brand for the future
As a Director of Product Design you will report to the Chief Brand Officer and apply your user-centered design expertise to lead and elevate the design for a number of our fast growing product lines. You approach opportunities from the mindset of the user. Applying user-centered design best practices, you inspire and lead a wide skill set of product designers to demonstrate business impact and elevate the overall Eventbrite experience. You have proven experience partnering with Product Management, Engineering, and business leaders to bring your vision to life. You’re passionate about not just shaping product experiences, but design process and culture as well. You guide teams to focus on the problem at hand, but take the time to mentor individual designers growing in their careers. As a globally scaling company, you’re excited at the opportunity of growing the design team and hiring new talent to support those global needs.
- Form and communicate a long-term design vision and strategy with leaders from design, cross-functional stakeholders and Product Managers
- Champion the voice of the user across multiple design teams and drive the design process from opportunity to release
- Lead designers through mentorship and coaching
- Raise the capacity, skills and quality of user-driven design best practices in the company
- Critique in-progress design work to ensure we are solving the right problem and crafting solutions in the simplest way
- Consistently demonstrate that Eventbrite is renowned as one of the best designed products for event organizers and attendees globally
THE SKILL SET
- A portfolio of successfully shipped products users love, created by you or a team you led
- 10+ years of designing digital application technologies, including responsive web and native iOS/Android app design
- 5+ years leading a large team of designers with success mentoring designers and hiring design talent
- A proven user-centered design approach to designing products for people
- Success influencing passionate and strong-minded leaders outside of the design org
- Approach both problems and people with empathy
- Ability to clearly set and juggle priorities to focus on the most important issues
- Extraordinary communication and partnering skills, including prior experience communicating to senior-level executives
- You’re a good person.
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences around the globe. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
“Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice to understand how we process your personal information when you apply for a job with us.”