At Spotify, we want to help millions of people discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 60 markets with 100M+ users, and growing fast.
We are looking for an excellent Business Development Manager that will focus specifically on developing and negotiating impactful strategic relationships with the key players in the Connected Devices space. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining strategic relationships with key partners and evolving the relationships that we already have. Above all, your work will impact the evolution of Connected Devices and change the way the world experiences in their homes and on the go!
What you’ll do
- Establish a broad network of Spotify fans and advocates within the Connected Devices industry
- Ensure that Spotify’s strategic vision for Connected Devices is well communicated and well understood throughout the industry
- Evolve current distribution partnerships to strategic partnerships that are providing substantial value to all parties
- Be the subject matter expert for Connected Devices within Spotify
- Develop and implement new deal models that can be used to create important and impactful new partnership opportunities for Spotify
- Coordinate with other relevant departments across the wider business, specifically our Product, Marketing, Label Relations and Analytics teams
- Unlock and add new value for both Spotify and our Partners
Who you are
- You have significant working experience with high profile hardware brands and/or consumer internet players, including 5 years of related partner or product experience, specifically the internet, software, & tech space
- You have a BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, or business-related fields
- You have excellent quantitative and analytical skills as well as a proven track record of negotiating complex, multi-faceted strategic distribution deals
- You have a deep network of high/executive-level colleagues in the Connected Device space
- You have a deep understanding of connected service technologies and platforms
- You know how to take initiative and thrive on change
- You are experienced with leading cross-functional, multi-geo teams toward mutual objectives.
- You have excellent presentation and networking skills.
- You have a deep understanding of technology, trends, and the ability to articulate value points with partners and internal teams.
- You have a passion for music, technology and the intersection of the two.
The role is based in New York and will report to the Global Head of Hardware and Automotive. You are willing to travel up to 30% of the time.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.