As a full-stack engineer, you’ll be working with us in all aspects of the product, from its core infrastructure to its custom front-end. This includes architecting systems to integrate with external services, building a full-featured web editor, and choreographing email systems and protocols. We’ll leave it largely up to you to evolve the stack as you see fit. We eagerly participate in open source development and will encourage you to do the same.
- Significant experience building web applications that have shipped
- You enjoy writing well-tested, well-organized code
What you might work on:
- Scale our backend service to send many millions of messages a day
- Architect the next generation of the Mixmax API: supporting rich communications apps that work on a broad spectrum of clients.
- Maintain an elastic distributed infrastructure built on top of AWS
- Build large scale data processing pipelines for indexing content
- Continuously find opportunities to improve performance, and increase reliability & quality
Current stack: NodeJS, Go, React, Mongo, ElasticSearch, Redis, Electron, AWS.
What are you looking for in a team member?
Your specialization is less important than your ability to learn fast and adapt to shifting technologies. We’re especially fond of people who:
- Focus on project goals, not just writing code.
- Iterate until customers love what you’ve built, and pay for it.
- Have a hacker mindset and master the fine art of balancing time, features, and quality of code. You know when to unit test and when to “just ship it”.
- Strive to grow personally and professionally, beyond just expanding technical abilities.
- Love to experiment with new technology and share knowledge with the team.
- Represent the team and product at conferences.
- If you are a member of an under-represented group in technology, we strongly encourage you to apply.
What’s it like to work at Mixmax?
We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group who values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success. As a team, we built multi-million dollar products with this balance in mind.
As a founding team member, you’ll wear multiple hats, embrace ambiguity, and take charge leading complex projects. You’ll have the support of an experienced team who’ve built multi-million dollar products and services. This is exceptionally challenging work, but will be the most meaningful and rewarding of your career.