Devops Engineers are IT professionals who collaborate with software developers, system operators and other IT staff members to manage code releases. They cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan and test.
Responsible for multitasking and dealing with multiple urgent situations at a time, Dev-ops Engineers must be extremely flexible.
One thing you should know: we're a people-focused organization. Engineers help each other, work on problems together, mentor each other, fail together, and actively develop their careers. Weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product.
You won’t be alone, so working as a team is a must.
You will be responsible for developing and building IT solutions, DevOps Engineers install and configure solutions, implement reusable components, translate technical requirements, assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates.
Build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology. They deploy new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment.
Evaluate existing applications and platforms, give recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications.
THE TECH STACK
Our primary stack is Python, Django, and Celery, all running on AWS with a MySQL backend. Some of the other tools that we use are Redis, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Hbase, Hive, Backbone, Sass, Git, and an endless supply of coffee. Haven’t worked with these technologies before? This is an amazing chance to jump in and learn. In the ops work we have a service-oriented architecture, automated backups, Ubuntu servers, West/East AWS (USA), Puppet and different environments (Dev, Qa, Stage, Prod), uptime-focused mindset, Datadog, Phabricator, Github, Emails servers, ElasticSearch, …
You should be skilled in using the following:
- Source Control Tools: Devops Engineers use source control tools to keep track of changes they make to their projects, so they can easily return to older versions of their code at any time. This is especially helpful when trying identify and fix bugs in code.
- Continuous Integration Tools: Devops Engineers require constant feedback on the status of software. Continuous integration tools help detect software deficiencies as they develop, which allows Devops Engineers to resolve them more quickly.
- Team Management Tools: To guide and track team movements, Devops Engineers need to use one or more team management tools such as Agile Manager or Agile Bench.Ops related tools: Server (DB, App Server, Cache, Emails, ...)
- Performance Management Tools like DataDog, Bash & Linux, SSL configuration, Automation through a programming language like Python or similar; Tools for clustering. Dev related tools: Programming languages like python, ruby, elixir, php will help you go much more faster and even code some features, not just automation. A dev environment like Sublime, Vim, .. . Experience consuming REST/graphql services and building APIs.
THE SKILL SET
- Experience in the OPS world working with AWS.
- Coding skills in languages like python, ruby, php, …
- A result driven self starter with great communication and collaboration skills, we put a lot of emphasis on being team players
- Passion to learn and to teach/mentor others
- You have experience in Engineering leadership and mentorship
- You've managed high availability systems
- You enjoy working with big data on distributed database architectures
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice to understand how we process your personal information when you apply for a job with us.