Senior Social Media Editor
BuzzFeed Entertainment Group is looking for an entrepreneurial and ambitious video content expert who can manage our growing user generated video content team. The ideal candidate is someone who deeply understands the digital landscape and has proven success in massive viral growth on multiple platforms. We need someone who has a deep understanding of the internet and can execute on ideas in fast-paced and innovative ways even with limited resources.
This leader will use data to constantly identify new growth opportunities and will go after them in a targeted, efficient, and strategic way, and consistently crack the next big thing. They must be incredibly motivated to go big and move fast with hiring and planning.
This job requires 2-4 years experience in content creation and management experience. It is a full-time salaried position, and we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Develop and manage team of 5-10 content creators responsible for producing upwards of 50 videos a week.
- Give feedback and notes to social video producers in a timely and constructive manner
- Work with BuzzFeed’s legal team to approve and secure user-generated content
- Develop frameworks built for experimentation and high growth using BuzzFeed’s “test and learn” philosophy
- Use data and competitive analysis to form content strategy and goals
- Is able to hire quickly and manage freelancers and interns
- Understands importance of social strategy and works well with social team to achieve goals
- Brainstorm with content creators and create content based on what is currently trending
- Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and impact
- Generate ideas for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more
- Informing producers and content creators of frames and formats that are performing well.
- At least 1-2 years of proven success at managing content teams in a large variety of areas (lifestyle, pop culture, social news)
- 3-4 years in viral content creation in both distributed and video formats
- A great generalist — someone who can succeed at any content area they put their minds to
- Out-of-the-box creative thinker
- A high sense of self-awareness (knows how to play to other people’s strengths)
- Analytical and instinctual prowess for making highly shareable and viral content
- A competitive drive — you enjoy winning and really going for it.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 3-5 social /viral videos and explain 1. how you would frame each video to perform best on social 2. why they think someone would share each video.
- Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
- Attach a resume
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.