1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for one-of-a-kind products. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, vintage furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Ventures Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Venmo, and Twitter.
As a Senior Analyst on the Business Intelligence team at 1stdibs, you will implement, monitor and QA site tracking that captures data around how customers interact with the most beautiful things on Earth.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop expertise around how a luxury e-commerce marketplace leverages web analytics to drive decisions. To succeed, you will acquire an intimate familiarity with Google Analytics and become an expert in translating new product features into tracking requirements. You will develop and refine your business acumen by constantly balancing the needs of technical implementation, feature optimization and analytical measurement.
What you’ll do
- Requirements Gathering
- Collaborate with product managers to compile detailed tracking requirements for new | revised site features based on key business metrics
- Partner with Analytics to ensure captured data meet the reporting/dashboarding requirements
- Implementation of Tracking
- Support front-end developers’ understanding and implementation of site tracking
- Develop best practices for ongoing application of tag management solutions
- Quality Assurance Testing
- Assure proper tracking implementation through an established QA testing process
- Review data trends post-implementation to confirm accuracy and identify anomalies
- Business Intelligence Dashboarding
- Maintain | Modify | Create dashboards for various business units
- Assist Analytics in automating reporting and data requests
What you'll bring
- B.A. in computer science, business analytics or a quantitative field
- 1-3 years of experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Experience with debugging tools such as Chrome Debugger, Fiddler, HTTPWatch, etc.
- Ability to translate and document business requirements into site tracking and reporting guidelines
- Ability to identify | interpret trends and anomalies in data and troubleshoot accordingly
- Ability to think critically about problems to identify root cause
- Strong organizational skills | attention to detail and capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills