We are looking for an exceptional Senior Analyst to continue driving the adoption of our Business Intelligence platform and inject a degree of critical thinking into the organization. Reporting to the Data Manager, you will acquire an intimate understanding of 1stdibs’ data infrastructure to critically evaluate business requirements for analyses and dashboards. Working closely with our Business Intelligence team, you will also create targeted dashboards and inform data modeling.
As a key member of our data-driven organization, you will have the opportunity to define our data infrastructure, impact business performance and ultimately facilitate better, more timely decisions. You will partner with cross-functional teams to help define the roadmap, drive data strategy, and prioritize initiatives. You will develop and refine your business acumen by constantly balancing the needs of business partners, technical teams, and the Analytics organization.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with all areas of the business (Product, Marketing, Operations, Supply) to provide Looker reporting that inform key stakeholders
- Gather business requirements to help Analytics and Engineering establish the appropriate data schemas/lakes/marts for our BI platform
- Translate business requirements to inform our database management & engineering teams on building relevant and efficient data models in Redshift
- Work with our Business Intelligence team to ensure Looker data models and analytical queries are performant
- Serve as a cross-functional partner to collaborate with various business teams to drive new data initiatives
What you'll bring
- B.A. | B.S. in a technical field, computer science or mathematics
- 2+ years of professional experience in Business Intelligence and Data Analysis in an e-commerce environment
- A critical thinker who has proven experience gathering, evaluating, prioritizing, and documenting business requirements, for analyses and reporting needs
- Solid planning, priority setting, and project management skills with experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Familiarity with business intelligence solutions (Looker, Tableau, Chartio) and Amazon Web Services
- Extremely proficient with various analytical toolkits; SQL is a must
- Comfortable with large, complex relational databases (both transactional and analytical) and nested tables (BigQuery, Redshift)
- Analytic curiosity and comfortable working in a continually evolving, fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at 1stdibs.
Connect with makers and early adopters exchanging product feedback and ideas.
Please use your personal Twitter account.
Sign in with Twitter
We won't post without asking