Hornet, the world's premier gay social network reaching 25 million global users, is seeking a senior marketing manager to spearhead pre-sale program development for our rapidly growing global team.
Based in NYC, this position reports to the NY-based SVP Global Sales and is charged with directly supporting the global sales team through the ideation, creation and execution of advertising client proposals, presentations and other strategic collateral. Concurrently this position will coordinate with various department heads in the development of new, salable marketing opportunities; and partner closely with the post-sale Client Success manager to monitor and optimize running programs and future proposals.
The successful candidate brings a comprehensive skill set, versatile experience and demonstrated success in the digital, mobile and/or social sectors, which you have leveraged to create and execute head-of-class partnerships with top advertisers, and to foster and grow productive relationships with key vendors, suppliers and affinity partners you bring to the role. Our NY-based Senior Marketing Manager is a strategic marketer with a passion for creative problem solving, seamless collaboration with colleages and leadership, and who thrives in a fast-paced technology start-up environment. We're looking for a solid team player who will effectively interface with Hornet talent distributed across the US and the globe in order to create superior programs that drives sales.
- Partner with the Sales team to respond to RFPs by conceiving and authoring marketing proposals that are customized to fit client objectives
- Oversee creation and development of Hornet sales collateral (one-sheets, success stories, media kit, promo items, etc.) to showcase the full suite of Hornet's advertiser solutions
- Coordinate with heads of Content, Product, Revenue and Operations to translate Hornet's evolving capabilities into salable marketing programs and materials; educate the Sales team on these new opportunities as they arise
- Partner with post-sale Client Success Manager to ensure that sold programs are properly executed (timelines, deliverables, performance, etc.) and poised for renewal
- Provide regular reporting to SVP Global Sales on RFP pipeline, workflow, program assessment, process needs, etc.
- Build, maintain and grow key vendor/supplier relationships in order to ensure Hornet solutions are consistently powered by the latest tools and innovations in the market
- Travel as needed to attend and co-present at client/agency meetings as warranted; represent Hornet at key industry/trade/vendor events
- Manage closely to a defined marketing budget and COGS standards when presenting programs for sale
- Effectively and efficiently collaborate with your Sales and post-sale staffers to ensure partnership success and renewal
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree required; focus/major in Marcomm or related area preferred but not required
- 5+ years of Digital/Mobile/Social sales marketing experience is required, as is your deep knowledge of marketing platforms, language, ideas and principles
- Fluency with industry standard market research & analytics tools (Google Analytics, comScore, Neilsen, etc.) and dexterity with custom/third-party audience research sources, trends reports, etc. is required--as is the ability to utilize these skills to build a strong and compelling marketing story for every advertiser
- "CEO" mindset and ruthless, self-policed accountability that drives you to run the marketing function like it's your very own company
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, often including multiple stakeholders both internal and external, across multiple time zones
- Ability to flex and thrive as a remote worker; a self-starter who can operate against strict deadlines and processes either in or out of an office
- Affinity for thinking creatively, taking risks, failing fast, and learning and growing on-the-go
- Infectious passion for the Hornet product, audience and vision that is immediately evident and effusive in every client interaction
- Proficiency in the latest social, mobile and technology products and trends, as well as industry standard tools such as Google Docs, MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Illustrator, Keynote, and internal chat tools such as Slack
- Ideally, you bring direct understanding and experience with the gay dating landscape including being a Hornet user
Compensation is comensurate with experirence and includes an agressive base salary + annual bonus based on team performance.
About Hornet Networks
Hornet is the world's premier gay social network. Founded in 2011 with the mission to build the digital home for the gay community, Hornet has grown to 25 million users by utilizing cutting-edge technology for its dating platform and producing original editorial content to connect a community around common interests. Hornet provides a superior user experience and is number one in the key markets of France, Russia, Brazil, Turkey and Taiwan, and is consistently expanding its sizable user base in the United States. For more information, please visit: http://gethornet.com.
Hornet, Where Guys Connect.
Other jobs at Hornet Networks
Connect with makers and early adopters exchanging product feedback and ideas.
Please use your personal Twitter account.
Sign in with Twitter
We won't post without asking