"The front page of the internet,” Reddit is comprised of thousands of user-run communities, each with its own personality, unique focus, and moderator team. Founded in 2005, Reddit is a place for community, conversation, and connection with over 330 million users worldwide and growing fast!
Infrastructure at Reddit fills the mission-critical role of ensuring our systems stay highly available, performant, scalable and instrumented while building the tooling the rest of the engineering team uses to launch new features safely and quickly. In this role you’ll have a significant impact on the evolution of Reddit’s backend teams and architecture.
- Help decide the roadmap for infrastructure and systems growth at Reddit.
- Be an advocate throughout the engineering org for the tooling we build to help monitor and scale systems.
- Ensure the team continues to have an outsized impact on building services at Reddit.
- Continue to cultivate the collaborative and empathetic culture we strive to build on the Infrastructure team.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 2+ years of experience building and managing engineering teams, specifically ones that serve many customers both inside and outside of the company.
- Management skills: ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and its individual members, delegate, mentor, and deliver results.
- Interviewing engineers, collaborating with a recruiting team, smoothly onboarding new team members.
- Preferred: Experience with Postgres, Cassandra, Memcached, AWS, or similar technologies.
- Preferred: Troubleshooting skills that span systems, network (TCP/IP), and code.
- Preferred: Python experience, specifically for systems automation.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Meals & Snacks
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time