Eventbrite is disrupting a huge industry in desperate need of a shakeup. As a Business Development Representative in Antwerp you are the first person to tackle business development efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for Eventbrite while creating a pipeline of business to arm our Business Development Managers.
What makes Business Development at Eventbrite so exciting? You’ll be working with Belgian event organizers who manage everything from music festivals to concert venues to complicated registrations for mud runs, beer festivals, conferences, and much more. Our horizontal platform means no one conversation with a potential client is the same - the possibilities are endless! There is no one-size-fits-all solution. We’re consultative experts, and we train and invest in our smart and goal-oriented team to grow their careers here at Eventbrite.
The Business Development team is a small group with diverse backgrounds—seasoned business development people, marketers, and a few former musicians and promoters. We’re charged with kicking off conversations with and generating qualified leads to our Business Development Managers. We work with all kinds of event organizers to turn them into successful Eventbrite customers. Learn more about our global Business Development organization.
This position is critical for driving Eventbrite's business development efforts. Eventbrite's goal is to become the favourite ticketing and registration solution by providing organisers and attendees with simple, yet powerful, event technology. At Eventbrite, you’ll find a team of dynamic, smart and engaged people who are passionate about building communities and creating innovative products to help people get together around live experiences.
As a Business Development Representative, you're the first person to get in touch with prospective clients. You get to do a full discovery, learn about their goals and pain points, and see if there is Eventbrite is a good fit for their needs. As the first point of contact, you must be able to understand the diverse business needs of our event organizers. You’re quick on your feet, and your grit and resilience help you handle objections like a pro. You’ll become an expert in the event industry and the Eventbrite solution. You’ll use your convincing personality and passion for winning to raise the bar of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass on to the Business Development Management team.
- 0-1 year experience in a commercial role in fast paced environments
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English
- A fearless ability to proactively engage new clients
- A consultative business development approach and knowledge of how to maintain control of a conversation
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate value
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a prospect’s current process
- A firm understanding of how to qualify buyer interest and identify target customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team-player attitude with a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond just your day-to-day tasks
- Bonus points for experience with cold calling
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive salary within a rapidly growing technology company that offers you the possibility to deepen your (international) career
- You’ll join an energetic and results driven team based in Antwerp and will regularly connect with colleagues in Amsterdam, Berlin, Barcelona and London
- An uncapped commission structure based on closed accounts
- Laptop for professional use.
PERKS TO SWEETEN THE DEAL
- Drinks every Friday (to ease in the weekend)
- Snacks and fruit
- As much (real!) coffee, tea or soft drinks as you want
- Home office whenever you need it
- 8 euro meal vouchers per day (because you have to eat, right?)
- 25 days of per year (because you deserve some rest after all that hard work!)
Eventbrite is a global ticketing service that allows anyone to create, share and find live experiences of all kinds. Since their founding in 2006, Eventbrite’s robust self-service platform has helped event organisers process $3.5 billion in gross ticket sales. With millions of events on the platform, Eventbrite hosts a vibrant community of event attendees looking to discover a variety of live experiences from small photography and yoga classes to large concerts and festivals with tens of thousands of attendees. Named one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2016, Eventbrite has eight offices around the world, and is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Read more about what our team has to say about working at Eventbrite on Glassdoor.
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.