Indiegogo is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to jump right in and be a part of our DevOps team. We are a dynamic small team that works very closely with Engineering to manage a number of projects including performance, configuration, and database administration. Our app has incredible spikes in demand when campaigns go viral, so one of the fun challenges you’ll work on is helping us seamlessly scale during these unpredictable periods of heavy traffic.
- Build and improve platform services including web application hosting, databases, and networking
- Automate the provisioning, configuration, scaling, and monitoring of our platform
- Manage vendors and integrations used to deliver Indiegogo services
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Promote knowledge sharing and devops culture across our entire engineering department
- Experience running a large-scale mobile and web operation
- Experience with configuration management tools such as chef or puppet
- Strong Linux skills (Ubuntu preferred)
- Ruby or similar scripting language
- Ruby on Rails knowledge or similar web hosting stack
- Hands-on knowledge of high-availability approaches such as load balancing, failover, clustering and disaster recovery
- Familiarity with performance best practices
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humor and a great attitude!
- Experience with MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, fastly, Cassandra,
- Software development experience
- Open source software contributions
- Experience with continuous integration and agile development processes
- A passion for crowdfunding!
What’s in it for you:
Our customers are passionate about funding passionate people and so are we! We are a team of committed, team-players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” our everyday jobs. When people unite around a common goal anything is possible.
» Competitive salaries with equity and 401k packages
» Full medical, vision, and dental for you and yours
» A dog friendly office
» Quarterly all hands meetings with fun events
» A supportive, open environment that embraces and cultivates fearlessness, authenticity, and collaboration
We have offices in San Francisco and New York, and as well as support on the ground in Multiple international locations. Join us and change the world one idea at a time.
Indiegogo is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO.