Interviewing is broken. Karat professionalizes interviewing.
Hiring top talent is a critical activity for all companies, yet the way organizations interview candidates is broken. Interviewing is a time consuming process that is rarely data-driven. Here at Karat, we see a massive opportunity to transform the interviewing experience for every candidate and company.
Karat is on a mission to assess the world’s talent. We are the first dedicated marketplace for technical interviewers. Karat’s network of seasoned engineers conduct the first rounds of technical interviews for elite engineering companies. Our robust platform saves teams thousands of valuable hours while allowing them to focus on the top performing candidates. Karat’s unique approach recognizes that people are central to the hiring process and that they can be supercharged by leveraging machine learning and our rich database of the world’s interviews.
We face incredible demand for our service and are delivering significant value to elite engineering companies like Interana, BuildZoom and Minted. We are funded by top VCs including Formation8 and Founder Collective, plus the founders of companies like Glassdoor, Mulesoft, Lookout, OPOWER, MediaLink and CAA. Karat is headquartered in the University District of Seattle, WA.
Join our elite community of Expert Interviewers.
Karat’s Expert Interviewers are recognized and rewarded for doing a first-class job as top assessors of technical talent. Every interviewer in the network is an accomplished engineer. Our interviewers include development managers from big-tech companies, start-up engineers and freelancers covering the full technology stack.
Flexible, high impact work that is compensated at highly competitive rates.
As an Expert Interviewer, you will be compensated at highly competitive rates for your interviewing expertise. The time commitment is flexible—-many of our interviews happen on nights and weekends. Some experts do 5 interviews/week while others do over 20 interviews/week. You can work from anywhere, anytime. You will sharpen your interviewing skills and transform the interviewing experience for every candidate and company.
We are looking for experienced software engineers who believe that interviewing is a first-class job. You should possess:
- Experience as a top performing engineer at a big-tech or start-up.
- Significant interviewing experience focused on evaluating fundamental computer science skills (i.e. data structures, algorithms etc.), software craftsmanship (i.e. understanding of unit testing, source control, APIs etc.), and/or specific technologies (i.e. iOS, distributed systems etc.).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to empathize with candidates and provide actionable feedback.
- An ability to structure your schedule (i.e. you can pick certain blocks of time during the day, evenings, weekends).
- A genuine desire to continuously improve the Karat service and technical interviewing.