Type: Full Time
Experience: Junior-Mid Level
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meals and kitchen management
- Gather feedback on meals; quantities, quality from kitchen staff and any issues arising
- Monitor the hygiene levels observed by support staff while handling food, utensils and the kitchen supplies
- Update transport usage and trends on a monthly basis on the Cost trackers
- Review usage per department per month
- Manage monthly invoicing and costs breakdown for each department
- Workspace management
- Identify, communicate and share the space needs based on expected fellows and hires with facilities department.
- Ensure workspaces have adequate resources: chairs, desks, power connections, monitors, ethernet ports
- Ensure all workspaces, common areas are used for the intended purposes.
- Ensure that meeting spaces are used efficiently and effectively
- Review suppliers and their service regularly.
- Support LPO issuance from Finance
- Liaise with suppliers for invoices and support Invoicing for payments to be done by Finance
- Track all office supplies i.e stationary, kitchen supplies etc and restock depending on usage
- Manage and disburse procurement requests as they are requested or submitted by departments and fellows
- Worktools management
- Allocate new hires worktools when and as they join Andela
- Customer Service
- Keep employees updated on all activities that will affect their day to day as they arise as reported by Facilities, Operations, IT departments and other departments
- Data collection, tracking, analysis and reporting
- Keep track all cost consumption areas e.g meals, stationery
- Observe trends and report on usage and ways to make things better e.g space usage, meeting rooms usage, meals costs reduction proposals etc
- Support process documentation, process creation and process automation
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.