Unmade is the leading customisation platform for the fashion industry, directly connecting consumer choices to automated manufacturing.
The Unmade technology stack covers everything from 3D modelling engines to order processing and systems integrations to custom language compilers for industrial knitting machines. We’re using innovative approaches to transform an industry suffering with a chronic lack of vertical integration and automation.
In addition to our ambitious technology aspirations, we’re all creative at heart. As a team, we’ve won 3 D&AD pencils across Digital Design, Branding and Art Direction as well as a host of other awards recognising our achievements over the past 3 years.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Lead, manage, and help grow our friendly team of backend developers
- Play a pivotal role in architectural discussions with our CTO, Front End Lead and Product team
- Establish and drive the adoption of best practices throughout the team
- Focus on keeping our services stable, maintainable and secure whilst anticipating the future scalability of our platforms and products
- Explore the ins and outs of industrial knitting as well as the new manufacturing technologies we’re pioneering
- You are enthusiastic about our mission to change the fashion industry to be more personal, less environmentally damaging, and more transparent
- You are driven to constantly learn new technologies, tools and practices
- You are a self-motivated, proactive team player with a desire to make a positive difference through your work
- You have demonstrated experience in leading engineering teams and delivering successful projects
- You have experience of building comprehensive RESTful APIs using Python and Django, or similar technologies
- You have at least 5 years of commercial software development experience
- You have experience working in agile development environments
- Competitive salary and employee share options (this means you own a piece of the business and get rewarded as the company grows).
- Working at Somerset House, one of London’s main cultural centres with great cafes, exhibitions, a summer cinema and series of concerts.
- Being part of a strong multidisciplinary team, in a fast growing business.
- Team lunches, Friday burritos and quarterly team trips
Unmade cares deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and be able to perform the work specified (any recruiters will blacklisted).
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Unmade.
Connect with makers and early adopters exchanging product feedback and ideas.
Please use your personal Twitter account.
Sign in with Twitter
We won't post without asking